1. Venice is no museum! It is a very lively city, with a population of 60.000 inhabitants, so please remember to respect them and their homes.
2. On the more crowded streets you should keep to the right so there is enough room for those coming from the opposite direction and those who want to overtake.
3. Also try to step on the sides of the streets and bridges if you want to take a picture, pedestrian circulation is vital and usually rushed!
4. Wear comfortable shoes! The best way of exploring such a “people-friendly” city is on foot: you’ll find that every corner hides something you would never expect.
5. Plan carefully all your visits and activities: lots of visitors come to Venice every day and queues to the main attractions of the city could really put you to the test.
6. Notice that picnics are not allowed on the streets or on bridges, so try and look for quiet corners with benches.
7. Please do not litter! Throw rubbish into the nearest waste bin or take it back to your hotel so they can arrange the separate collection: help us keep Venice clean.
8. Don’t feed pigeons! The carry diseases and damage Venice artistic heritage. Also, it is forbidden and be careful: the fine is very expensive!
9. Remember that buying goods from unlicensed street vendors is a crime as well as a risk for your health: this products are not subjected to any kind of control. Support local economy instead!
10. Get yourself a good map of Venice and don’t trust your GPS: just accept that you’ll get lost no matter how hard you try and enjoy it!
Schola dell’Arte dei Tiraoro e Battioro - Campo San Stae 1980 - 30135 Venice - Tel. +39 041 2750606 - Fax. +39 041 2756189 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Privacy